Insulated Tin Shed Cap - Ink Black
Built to provide full protection from the worst conditions, this hardwearing insulated hat with convertible earflaps is perfect for working outside.
A hardy blend of hemp, recycled polyester and organic cotton canvas, the hat also comprises a lightweight layer of 40-g Thermogreen insulation, which stays warm even when wet.
- Durable hemp/recycled polyester/organic cotton canvas
- 40-g Thermogreen™ insulation (made with 92% recycled polyester) is lightweight and stays warm, even when wet
- Mid-crown six-panel hat provides full coverage for protection against the elements
- Versatile, convertible earflaps can be worn down, tucked up inside or flipped up outside
- Soft recycled polyester tricot lining for warmth and next-to-skin comfort
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 150 g (5.3 oz)
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Patagonia was founded by Yvon Chouinard in 1973, the company's roots are in clothing for rock and alpine climbing, but they now produce a diverse mix of apparel targeted towards skiers, snowboarders, surfers and climbers. Patagonia are a world leader in creating ethical, sustainable clothing.
Recycled Wool - One of the ways Patagonia work to lessen the impact of wool production in their products is to recycle used wool - a practice dating back hundreds of years and actively diverting waste from landfill. Aided by modern-day quality controls, wool fibres are sorted into colour categories prior to use, helping to eliminate the dyeing process, saving water and chemicals and eliminating the resulting wastewater.
Recycled Nylon - After years of research, development, and testing, and two decades of recycled polyester Patagonia have finally found some recycled nylon fibres that are suitable for apparel. Some of the recycled nylon they use comes from post-industrial waste fibre, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fibre.