Andes Jacket - Army
The Andes Jacket from Rab is a technical down jacket with a retro flavour, inspired by their years of outdoor heritage. Durable and tough, it's filled with ethically sourced hydrophobic down, making it perfect for cold days in the city or up in the mountains!
Beneath the Pertex outer is 650 Fill Power European Duck Down, that is traceable under the European Down and Feather Association Code of Conduct. With a Hydrophobic treatment developed in conjunction with Nikwax, a layer of proofing is applied to the down during processing meaning it absorbs less water, dries faster, retains loft and will ultimately keep you warmer in damp conditions. With a fully adjustable and removable down filled hood.
- Weight: 968g/34.1oz
- Pertex® Quantum outer fabric
- Lightweight Pertex® Quantum lining
- 650FP Ethically Sourced European Duck Down (378g/oz in size L)
- Rab® Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Stitch-through construction
- Fully adjustable and removable down filled hood
- Micro fleece lined collar
- YKK® VISLON® front zip with insulated baffle and roll-over chin guard
- Insulated front placket with snap closure
- 2 insulated handwarmer pockets with snap closure
- 1 YKK® zipped internal security pocket
- Part elasticated cuffs with anti-snag hook and loop adjustment
- Hem drawcord
- Fit: Regular
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Founded in Sheffield, England, Rab manufacture down jackets, sleeping bags and outdoor clothing systems for the most extreme conditions in the world.
Rab Carrington built his company on two things: A deep understanding of what climbers and mountaineers need, and a commitment to practical gear that works. It’s this down to earth, honest approach that still informs the design and testing process linking us firmly to that modest beginning in 1980’s Sheffield. Those same qualities of innovation, integrity and function have endured, remaining at the heart of the Rab brand today.