Asylum Jacket - Ink
The Asylum Jacket from Rab Outdoor Equipment is a super durable, hardwearing and very warm duck down jacket. The perfect choice for cold winter days at the crag.
Designed to be worn on chillier days, the Asylum Jacket uses a hefty dose of RDS Certified 650FP European Duck Down (The Responsible Down Standard is an independent global standard which brands can choose to certify their products with, even when there is no legislation requiring them to do so. The RDS was developed and refined over three years with input of animal welfare groups, industry experts, brands and retailers), all contained by a tough and durable Pertex® Classic (a light and soft fabric which moves moisture away from the body, with a maximum tear and abrasion resistance) outer.
The down filled eskimo-hood can make things even cosier when you are patiently waiting out the biting wind, and there are large pockets for warming up your rock shoes and stashing energy food. A comfortable regular fit allows for a decent amount of layers to be worn underneath, ensuring you stay committed to your cause through the tough winter months.
- Weight: 1016g/35.8oz (estimate)
- Pertex® Classic outer fabric
- 100% nylon tactel taffeta lining
- 650FP R.D.S. Certified European Duck Down (365g/12.8oz in size M)
- Rab® Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Stitch through construction
- Down filled Eskimo style hood with velcro volume adjuster
- High collar with tricot lining
- 2-way YKK® Flat VISLON® front zip with insulated zip baffle and chin guard
- 2 YKK® Flat VISLON® zipped hand-warmer pockets
- 2 large internal mesh pockets
- Part-elasticated cuffs with anti-snag velcro adjustment
- Polartec® Power Stretch® Pro™ internal cuff
- Hem drawcord
- Fit: Regular
Chest – Measure horizontally around the fullest part of the chest
Waist - Measure horizontally around the narrowest part of the waist, your natural waist, at the small of the back or where your body bends if you lean to the side
Arm length – Measure arm length extended from your neck to your wrist fold along the top of the arm
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Founded in Sheffield, England, Rab manufacture down jackets, sleeping bags and outdoor clothing systems for the most extreme conditions in the world.
Rab Carrington built his company on two things: A deep understanding of what climbers and mountaineers need, and a commitment to practical gear that works. It’s this down to earth, honest approach that still informs the design and testing process linking us firmly to that modest beginning in 1980’s Sheffield. Those same qualities of innovation, integrity and function have endured, remaining at the heart of the Rab brand today.