Made by Patagonia at the request of their ultrarunning ambassadors, who asked for a super breathable cap - and the Duckbill Cap is the perfect answer in a lightweight 100% recycled nylon that folds and packs easily.
Airy, crushable-yet-resilient and a timeless favourite, with the reflective coverage of a running hat with the heat-dumping functionality of a visor. The short foam brim shades your eyes without blinding you to overhead branches and it bounces back to its shape after being folded in your shorts or bag.
- The brim and front are made of Patagonia’s updated Baggies™ fabric; open mesh on rest of cap dissipates heat
- Foam brim can fold into a pocket and rebound to its original shape
- Dark underbill reduces glare
- Adjustable rear buckle with elastic for snug fit
- 43 g (1.5 oz)
- Crown and brim material: 4.5-oz 100% recycled nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Panels material: 4-oz 100% polyester warp-knit tricot mesh.
- Headband material: 4.4-oz 100% recycled polyester spun jersey with HeiQ® Fresh durable odour control
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Patagonia was founded by Yvon Chouinard in 1973, the company's roots are in clothing for rock and alpine climbing, but they now produce a diverse mix of apparel targeted towards skiers, snowboarders, surfers and climbers. Patagonia are a world leader in creating ethical, sustainable clothing.