Duckbill Cap - Sumac Red
Made by Patagonia at the request of their ultrarunning ambassadors, who asked for a super breathable cap - and the Duckbill Cap is the perfect answer in a lightweight 100% recycled nylon that folds and packs easily.
Airy, crushable-yet-resilient and a timeless favourite, with the reflective coverage of a running hat with the heat-dumping functionality of a visor. The short foam brim shades your eyes without blinding you to overhead branches and it bounces back to its shape after being folded in your shorts or bag.
- The brim and front are made of Patagonia’s updated Baggies™ fabric; open mesh on rest of cap dissipates heat
- Foam brim can fold into a pocket and rebound to its original shape
- Dark underbill reduces glare
- Adjustable rear buckle with elastic for snug fit
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
- Front panel and bill: 4-ply, 4.9-oz NetPlus® 100% postconsumer recycled nylon faille made from recycled fishing nets to help reduce ocean plastic pollution; with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals)
- Crown and back panels: 5-oz 100% recycled polyester mesh
- Headband: 2.3-oz 100% recycled polyester double knit with miDori™ bioSoft for added wicking and softness, and HeiQ® Pure odour control
- Weight: 43 g (1.5 oz)
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Patagonia was founded by Yvon Chouinard in 1973, the company's roots are in clothing for rock and alpine climbing, but they now produce a diverse mix of apparel targeted towards skiers, snowboarders, surfers and climbers. Patagonia are a world leader in creating ethical, sustainable clothing.
Please Note: All stock available online is also available in our 178 Shoreditch High Street, London shop. Our friendly and experienced team can advise you, help with sizing and find you the perfect kit for your next trip. Come in store or contact us if you have any questions or need help.