Duckbill Cap - Sumac Red
Also Available In:
Made by Patagonia at the request of their ultrarunning ambassadors, who asked for a super breathable cap - and the Duckbill Cap is the perfect answer in a lightweight 100% recycled nylon that folds and packs easily.
Airy, crushable-yet-resilient and a timeless favourite, with the reflective coverage of a running hat with the heat-dumping functionality of a visor. The short foam brim shades your eyes without blinding you to overhead branches and it bounces back to its shape after being folded in your shorts or bag.
- The brim and front are made of Patagonia’s updated Baggies™ fabric; open mesh on rest of cap dissipates heat
- Foam brim can fold into a pocket and rebound to its original shape
- Dark underbill reduces glare
- Adjustable rear buckle with elastic for snug fit
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
- Front panel and bill: 4-ply, 4.9-oz NetPlus® 100% postconsumer recycled nylon faille made from recycled fishing nets to help reduce ocean plastic pollution; with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals)
- Crown and back panels: 5-oz 100% recycled polyester mesh
- Headband: 2.3-oz 100% recycled polyester double knit with miDori™ bioSoft for added wicking and softness, and HeiQ® Pure odour control
- Weight: 43 g (1.5 oz)
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Patagonia was founded by Yvon Chouinard in 1973, the company's roots are in clothing for rock and alpine climbing, but they now produce a diverse mix of apparel targeted towards skiers, snowboarders, surfers and climbers. Patagonia are a world leader in creating ethical, sustainable clothing.