Kinder Smock - Fresh Green
Paying homage to their much loved original, Rab’s classic Kinder Smock is back.
First manufactured over 30 years ago, the Kinder Smock quickly became a favourite on the Sheffield climbing scene. Easily picked out against the dark gritstone, it's iconic shape meant it could be worn without interfering with a harness or belay device. Beneath the Pertex outer is 650 Fill Power European Duck Down, that is traceable under the European Down and Feather Association Code of Conduct. With a Hydrophobic treatment developed in conjunction with Nikwax, a layer of proofing is applied to the down during processing meaning it absorbs less water, dries faster, retains loft and will ultimately keep you warmer in damp conditions.
An unbroken link from past to present, the Kinder is as rugged and hard-wearing as before, still made from the classic Pertex fabric. Not ashamed to be neither fast nor light, there is nothing like the warm, reassuring feeling of throwing on your Kinder at a cold belay. Sometimes the old way is the best way.
- Pertex® Classic outer fabric with Pertex Quantum® lining
- 650FP European Duck Down (270g / 9.5oz in size L) - All Rab down is traceable under the European Down and Feather Association Code of Conduct
- Rab® Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Stitch through construction
- YKK®VISLON® front zip with insulated zip baffle, chin guard, and high down collar
- Insulated front placket with metal logo snaps
- YKK®VISLON® side zip opening with insulated zip baffle
- Large kangaroo patch pocket with tricot lining
- YKK® zipped security pocket
- Part-elasticated cuffs with anti-snag velcro adjustment and 1 sided hem drawcord
- Regular fit
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Founded in Sheffield, England, Rab manufacture down jackets, sleeping bags and outdoor clothing systems for the most extreme conditions in the world.
Rab Carrington built his company on two things: A deep understanding of what climbers and mountaineers need, and a commitment to practical gear that works. It’s this down to earth, honest approach that still informs the design and testing process linking us firmly to that modest beginning in 1980’s Sheffield. Those same qualities of innovation, integrity and function have endured, remaining at the heart of the Rab brand today.