Kinder Smock - Purple Quartz
Paying homage to their much loved original, Rab’s classic Kinder Smock is back.
First manufactured over 30 years ago, the Kinder Smock quickly became a favourite on the Sheffield climbing scene. Easily picked out against the dark gritstone, it's iconic shape meant it could be worn without interfering with a harness or belay device. Beneath the Pertex outer is 650 Fill Power European Duck Down, that is traceable under the European Down and Feather Association Code of Conduct. With a Hydrophobic treatment developed in conjunction with Nikwax, a layer of proofing is applied to the down during processing meaning it absorbs less water, dries faster, retains loft and will ultimately keep you warmer in damp conditions.
An unbroken link from past to present, the Kinder is as rugged and hard-wearing as before, still made from the classic Pertex fabric. Not ashamed to be neither fast nor light, there is nothing like the warm, reassuring feeling of throwing on your Kinder at a cold belay. Sometimes the old way is the best way.
- Pertex® Classic outer fabric with Pertex Quantum® lining
- 650FP European Duck Down (270g / 9.5oz in size L) - All Rab down is traceable under the European Down and Feather Association Code of Conduct
- Rab® Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Stitch through construction
- YKK®VISLON® front zip with insulated zip baffle, chin guard, and high down collar
- Insulated front placket with metal logo snaps
- YKK®VISLON® side zip opening with insulated zip baffle
- Large kangaroo patch pocket with tricot lining
- YKK® zipped security pocket
- Part-elasticated cuffs with anti-snag velcro adjustment and 1 sided hem drawcord
- Regular fit
|Small||94 cm||76 cm||83 cm|
|Medium||102 cm||81 cm||86 cm|
|Large||109 cm||86 cm||89 cm|
|X-Large||117 cm||91 cm||91 cm|
- Please note: Size guide provided from the brands general sizing chart, we would always recommend coming in store to try on if possible and please contact us if you need guidance on sizing.
- Measurements show body measurements, not garment measurements. For Arm length measure from the centre back of your neck to your wrist. Measure the full circumference of your Chest just below your armpits. For your Waist find the top of your hip and measure the full circumference.
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Founded in Sheffield, England, Rab manufacture down jackets, sleeping bags and outdoor clothing systems for the most extreme conditions in the world.
Rab Carrington built his company on two things: A deep understanding of what climbers and mountaineers need, and a commitment to practical gear that works. It’s this down to earth, honest approach that still informs the design and testing process linking us firmly to that modest beginning in 1980’s Sheffield. Those same qualities of innovation, integrity and function have endured, remaining at the heart of the Rab brand today.