Men's Nano Puff Jacket - Basin Green
The Patagonia Nano Puff® Jacket is made with warm, incredibly lightweight, highly compressible 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation - ideal as outerwear, or as an insulating layer in colder climates.
The wind-blocking, 100% recycled polyester shell sheds moisture and glides effortlessly in your layering system. Low-bulk, hydrophobic, highly compressible PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco - made from 100% postconsumer recycled polyester - traps heat with remarkable efficiency, even when wet.
The jacket has a shaped fit and the soft, wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage adds chin comfort when zipped up fully. Its internal zippered chest pocket doubles as a self-stuff sack with a carabiner clip-in loop. It also has two zippered hand-warmer pockets, elasticised cuffs and a dual-adjust drawcord hem to seal out wind and seal in warmth.
- Shell Material: 1.4-oz 20-denier 100% recycled polyester with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Lining Material: 1.3-oz 22-denier 100% recycled polyester with a DWR finish.
- Insulation: 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco 100% postconsumer recycled polyester with P.U.R.E.™ (Produced Using Reduced Emissions) technology
- Weight: 337 g (11.9 oz)
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Brick quilting pattern with horizontal quilt lines on side panels stabilises insulation and uses durable thread for abrasion resistance
- Centre-front zipper has wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets have cleanly finished zipper garages; zippered internal chest pocket doubles as a stuff sack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
- Drawcord-adjustable drop-tail hem seals in warmth
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Patagonia was founded by Yvon Chouinard in 1973, the company's roots are in clothing for rock and alpine climbing, but they now produce a diverse mix of apparel targeted towards skiers, snowboarders, surfers and climbers. Patagonia are a world leader in creating ethical, sustainable clothing.
Recycled Polyester - In 1993, Patagonia adopted fleece into their product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles making them the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health. Using recycled polyester lessens dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
Fair Trade Certified - Patagonia pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries their label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it, along with programs that promote worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialogue between workers and management.