M's Grade VII Down Parka - Balkan Blue
The ultimate mountain jacket- designed with the help of Patagonia's climbing ambassadors. Built and tested over the course of years, the Grade VII Down Parka won't let you down when you're out in the peaks. Insulated with 800-fill Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down traced from parent farm to apparel factory to ensure no live plucking or force feeding has taken place).
Featuring fully baffled construction, and elasticised stitching to help the jacket hug your body and keep you as warm as possible, the Parka is also designed to stop the loft from migrating within the jacket, so you don't get any cold patches. The shell is constructed of nylon ripstop. The helmet-compatible hood has a single-pull drawcord and high draft collar, as well as draft protection behind the zip.
There are plenty of pockets as well- double chest and double handwarmer pockets which have down on both sides to retain warmth; and four interior pockets have mesh to drain snow melt (as well as containing the jackets' stuffsack). Elasticated cuffs sit comfortably on the wrists and are easy to pull down over gloves, or push up if necessary. The hem drawcord sits a few inches higher than the hem so that it can be pulled in to avoid drafts.
- Light yet durable 100% nylon shell fabrics maximise wet-weather protection with a light DWR (durable water repellent) finish throughout, and glued-baffle construction on arms, shoulders and chest
- Fully baffled construction and differentially cut shell and liner keep down lofted and eliminate cold spots; elasticised stitch on liner at side panels pulls jacket into the body
- Alpine helmet–compatible, baffled hood has a single-pull drawcord and high-loft draft collar around the neck; 2-way centre-front Vislon® zipper is backed with kissing draft tubes
- Exterior pockets: two large chest pockets with zipper garages, and two large hand pockets with stiffened welts for easy access; all pockets have down insulation on both sides of pocket bag to retain warmth when pockets are open
- Interior pockets: two catch-all pockets on each side of the front torso have stretch mesh for draining snow melt; right-rear interior pocket has small stash pocket with keeper-loop for retaining self-fabric stuffsack
- Elasticised stitch at the cuff opening sits gently on the wrist, locking in heat and allowing the sleeve to be easily pulled down over gloves, or pushed up at brew stops
- Hem-cord routes through mini snowskirt and is located several inches above jacket hem to cinch toward body without draft spots; unique construction allows hem-cord adjustability inside parka or inside interior pocket to avoid hanging loops that can snag on gear and rocks
- 675 g (23.8 oz)
|Chest||89-94 cm||96-101 cm||106-111 cm||117-122 cm|
|Neck||38-39 cm||39-41 cm||42-43 cm||43-44 cm|
|Sleeve||84 cm||86 cm||89 cm||91 cm|
|Waist||74-76 cm||79-84 cm||86-91 cm||97 cm|
|Inseam||79 cm||84 cm||84 cm||84 cm|
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Patagonia was founded by Yvon Chouinard in 1973, the company's roots are in clothing for rock and alpine climbing, but they now produce a diverse mix of apparel targeted towards skiers, snowboarders, surfers and climbers. Patagonia are a world leader in creating ethical, sustainable clothing.
100% Recycled Down - Recycled Down is a mix of 600-fill-power goose and duck down reclaimed from cushions, bedding and other used items that can’t be resold. It is hypoallergenic and offers the identical performance benefits to virgin down. Patagonia’s use of high-quality Recycled Down has already led to an increase in supply as other apparel companies follow their lead. Recovering some of their down (and associated fabrics) from the trash, they are reducing discards, help expand and add value to the recycling stream and more fully realise their mission to “build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, and use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.”