Other Colours / Items
Men's Micro Puff Hoody - Smolder Blue
The Patagonia Men's Micro Puff Hoody in Smolder Blue. Ultralight, water resistant and windproof; the Micro Puff® Hoody is made with down-like warmth, incredibly lightweight, highly compressible 65-g Plumafill®, 100% polyester insulation, ideal as outerwear, or as an insulating layer in colder climates.
Revolutionary lightweight PlumaFill insulation replicates the structure of down in a continuous synthetic insulation material, offering the warmth and packability of down but with the warm-when-wet performance of synthetic insulation
The wind-blocking, polyester shell sheds moisture and glides effortlessly in your layering system. Low-bulk, hydrophobic, highly compressible Plumafill® - now with 55% post-consumer recycled content traps heat with remarkable efficiency, even when wet.
The jacket has a shaped fit and the soft, wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage adds chin comfort when zipped up fully. Its internal zippered chest pocket doubles as a self-stuff sack with a carabiner clip-in loop. It also has two zippered hand-warmer pockets, elasticised cuffs and a dual-adjust drawcord hem to seal out wind and seal in warmth.
- Shell Material: 0.7-oz 10-denier 100% nylon ripstop Pertex® Quantum with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Lining Material: 1.3-oz 22-denier 100% recycled polyester with a DWR finish.
- Insulation: 65-g PlumaFill 100% polyester
- Center-front zipper has storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Innovative quilting construction complements the insulation by stabilizing and maximizing the loft of the PlumaFill strands with minimal stitching
- Two welted, zippered handwarmer pockets and two internal drop-in pockets; left pocket doubles as a stuffsack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
- Elasticized cuffs and hem seal in warmth
- Weight: 235 g (8.3 oz)
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Patagonia was founded by Yvon Chouinard in 1973, the company's roots are in clothing for rock and alpine climbing, but they now produce a diverse mix of apparel targeted towards skiers, snowboarders, surfers and climbers. Patagonia are a world leader in creating ethical, sustainable clothing.
Recycled Polyester - In 1993, Patagonia adopted fleece into their product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles making them the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health. Using recycled polyester lessens dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
Fair Trade Certified - Patagonia pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries their label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it, along with programs that promote worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialogue between workers and management.