Övik Scandinavian Sweater - Grey
Sold Out £95.00
A beautifully traditional patterned sweater from Fjällräven in a soft, warm wool blend, knitted in Sweden.
A knitted sweater in soft, warm wool blend. A light and beautifully patterned mid layer, the Övik Scandinavian Sweater is perfect for autumn and winter’s colder days. The wool warms well and wicks away moisture from other layers.
- 80% wool, 20% polyamide.
- Wool wicks moisture away from the body
- Warms even when damp
- Polyamide gives durability
- Jacquard-knitted Nordic pattern over the shoulders
- Structure-knitted in the lower section
- vRound neckline with double rib-knitting
- Ribbed cuffs and hem
- Weight (FJR): 500 g in size M
- Non Textile Parts of Animal Origin: Yes (death Fjällräven logo on sleeve)
- Sleeve length: Long sleeve
- Fit: Regular Fit
|Chest||102 cm||108 cm||114 cm||120 cm|
|Back||70 cm||72 cm||74 cm||76 cm|
|Sleeve||76 cm||78 cm||80 cm||82 cm|
|Bottom||84 cm||90 cm||96 cm||102 cm|
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
The story behind Fjällräven began in 1950 when Åke Nordin, a 14-year-old boy from Örnsköldsvik in Northern Sweden, was about to go for a trek in the mountains. Åke, who spent more time outdoors than indoors, did not like the backpacks that were available at that time. He decided to take matters into his own hands and built a wooden frame.
This backpack frame was the start of Åke's company, Fjällräven, in 1960. The name Fjällräven means Arctic Fox in Swedish and the name is in honour of the small predator which lives in the Swedish mountains in the harshest of climates.