A new Stormproof version of UCO Gear’s popular and award winning Sweetfire Firestarters. Made from a sugarcane by-product called bagasse, making the Sweetfire as sweet for the planet as your gear collection.
The big advantage of the Sweetfire over a normal waterproof or stormproof match is that it includes tinder in the 'point'. Lighting the 'point' just like a match and the vegetable wax it’s infused with will allow it to burn for 7 mins, giving you extra time and helping you to get a fire lit.
Stormproof means that it will relight after being submerged in water, letting these work in even the worst conditions. There's also no need to bring matches to light the Sweetfire as each match point has a strikeable tip that can conveniently be used with the striker on the box.
- Made from sugarcane waste — Bagasse is a fibrous sugarcane by-product and is used around the world as a renewable biofuel.
- 20 individual ‘Points’ conveniently connected & ready to break-off and use.
- Each Point burns for 7 minutes each.
- Strikable tip, can be used with striker on box, eliminating need for matches.
- Infused with vegetable wax, UCO Sweetfire is good for the planet & great for every adventure.
- Package Dimensions: 5.5" x .75" x .4"
- Packaged Weight: 4.9 oz. (82 g)
For lighting a match, it is ideal if the striker is a firm surface which can usually be achieved by just closing the box.
If striker and box become wet, the striker will still work, but needs to dry first so that the surface is once again firm. Use a spare striker until then.
If matches become wet, just wipe dry before use.