Providing full coverage and with a mid-crown fit, the Tin Shed Hat from Patagonia is made from a hardy blend of hemp / organic cotton / recycled polyester. It'll keep you well-protected from the elements with its breathable construction. There's no need to break it in- instantly comfortable, a classic!
- Made from a durable fabric blend of 55% hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton for comfort and abrasion resistance
- The six-panel, mid-crown design provides full coverage while keeping a low profile on your head
- The adjustable snap closure provides a range of sizing options
- The lightweight, low-profile sweatband is made from our 100% recycled Capilene® Cool Trail fabric for moisture and temperature management; it also has built-in HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control
- The brim is made of 100% recycled fishing nets; learn more at patagonia.com/bureo
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn, which means the people who made it earned a premium for their labor
- 99 g (3.5 oz)
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Patagonia was founded by Yvon Chouinard in 1973, the company's roots are in clothing for rock and alpine climbing, but they now produce a diverse mix of apparel targeted towards skiers, snowboarders, surfers and climbers. Patagonia are a world leader in creating ethical, sustainable clothing.
Recycled Polyester - In 1993, Patagonia adopted fleece into their product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles making them the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health. Using recycled polyester lessens dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.