From UCO Gear, the beefiest, longest-burning windproof and waterproof matches available, Titan matches will be there when you need them. The kit includes 12 matches, 3 replaceable strikers, a waterproof case that floats and a cord that attaches to a lanyard.
Over four inches long and boasting a burn time of up to 25 seconds, each match will fire up in the harshest of conditions, and will relight even after being submerged in water. That adds up to 5 minutes of fire, and peace of mind if you’re embarking on a weather beaten trip.
- Received Backpacker Magazine Editor's Choice Snow Award 2015.
- Received Gear Junkie "Best in Show" 2015 Award and 50 Campfires "Gear of the Year" 2015 Award.
- Durable, waterproof case floats and keeps contents dry and protected.
- External, integrated, and replaceable striker for easy lighting.
- Longest-burning windproof and waterproof matches.
- Burn Time (up to): 25 seconds
- Width: 2" (5.08 cm)
- Length: 6" (15.2 cm)
- Weight: 2.9 oz. (82 g)
- For lighting a match, it is ideal if the striker is a firm surface which can usually be achieved by just closing the box.
- If striker and box become wet, the striker will still work, but needs to dry first so that the surface is once again firm. Use a spare striker until then.
- If matches become wet, just wipe dry before use.
Provenance & Ethics
UCO stands for Utility, Comfort, and Originality. Founded in Redmond, WA in 1971,they bring 40 years of innovation and manufacturing expertise to the outdoor industry. Each of their products is designed with useful features that make your time outside safer and more comfortable. With products like the Original Candle Lantern that offer great functionality and simplicity or the Stormproof Matches that help you survive the elements, they have grown to become a leading brand in lighting and fire starting for your outdoor, home, and emergency preparedness needs.