Women's Andina Jacket - Midnight
The Andina from Páramo is perfect for very active, outdoor women who swap between activities and push themselves to experience all the outdoors has to offer. If you enjoy mountain walking, cycling, climbing and backpacking, you need a versatile jacket suitable for all these activities.
The Andina’s versatile design combines with the Nikwax Analogy fabric for optimum comfort. Providing waterproof protection, warmth, and cooling in one tough garment.
Nikwax Analogy® is more than just breathable, it is directional, moving liquid water
Nikwax Analogy Waterproof FabricConventional breathable membrane waterproof fabrics fail because they cannot remove all of the sweat we produce when we are working hard, especially in cold and wet conditions. Therefore condensation and icing are well known problems experienced with membrane rainwear.
Nikwax Analogy® overcomes these problems because it is not only breathable, but also directional. The Analogy fabric system directs condensation and perspiration away from the body, where it can safely drain away.
- Enormous torso vents for rapid on-the-move cooling with minimal rain ingress
- Pump Liner® reinforcement on shoulders and back for extra protection when load carrying or in heavy rain
- Fully articulated shoulders and elbows for maximum freedom of movement
- Contoured fit around hips and chest
- Excellent field of vision and protection provided by fully adjustable hood, uniquely shaped to accommodate long hair comfortably
- Reflective strip, front and back, makes you more visible when cycling at night
- Two hand-warming pockets, easily accessible during activity.
- Two internal zipped pockets, one map-sized
- Long sleeves for protection with cuffs that are easily pushed or rolled up
- Generous length with scooped tail to protect lower back
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Páramo, and its sister company Nikwax, are still owned by their founder Nick Brown. Nick's lifelong concern for social development and environmental protection has driven early adoption of responsible practices. Páramo is a company of people who want to make a difference as well as make a living, and their policies and programmes reflect this.