A 650FP duck down sleeping bag from Rab - made with a recycled, wind resistant Pertex® Quantum outer and designed with a comfortable, wide shape, ideal for those buying their first down sleeping bag for use in spring conditions.
Filled with 300g of 650FP goose down and with space for wearing additional layers if needed, this bag is perfect for summer climbing trips or bothy-based adventures in mild conditions.
The generous mummy fit with wide foot box provide a spacious feel for an easy night’s sleep, and the close-fitting neck baffle keeps the heat in when the temperature drops. It has trapezoid shaped, boxwall baffles that stack neatly together, encouraging the hydrophobic duck down inside to loft fully and reducing the appearance of any cold spots. All of Rab's sleeping bags are hand-filled in the UK and conform to the Responsible Down Standard, independently certifying down against animal welfare requirements and tracking it from the source to the final product. The generous mummy fit with wide foot box provide a spacious feel for an easy night’s sleep, and the close-fitting neck baffle keeps the heat in when the temperature drops. It has a ¾ length main zip with a down filled baffle to keep out the draught.
Practicalities are taken care of with an internal zipped stash pocket that easily fits a phone or a headlamp, a cotton storage sack and a compression stuff sack to ensure a manageable pack size and protection on the road. Can be attached to a Right Side Zip model to create a sleeping bag for two.
- Weight: 840g/29.6oz
- Pack size: 30 X 18 cm / 11.8 X 7.1"
- Temperature rating - Comfort: 5°C (34°F)
- Temperature rating - Limit: 0°C (24°F)
- Temperature rating - Extreme: -15°C (-8°F)
- Outer: 30D Recycled Pertex® Quantum (50gsm) with fluorocarbon-free DWR - 100% recycled polyamide
- Lining: 20D Recycled Nylon (38gsm) 100% recycled polyamide
- Fill: 650FP RDS Certified European Duck Down with Nikwax fluorocarbon-free Hydrophobic Finish
- Zip: YKK 3/4 length main zip with down filled baffle to trap warmth
- Accessories: Zipped cotton sack with water-resistant base for home storage, drawcord stuffsack included
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Founded in Sheffield, England, Rab manufacture down jackets, sleeping bags and outdoor clothing systems for the most extreme conditions in the world.
Rab Carrington built his company on two things: A deep understanding of what climbers and mountaineers need, and a commitment to practical gear that works. It’s this down to earth, honest approach that still informs the design and testing process linking us firmly to that modest beginning in 1980’s Sheffield. Those same qualities of innovation, integrity and function have endured, remaining at the heart of the Rab brand today.