Field Notes 80-Page Steno Book - Ruled
A larger notebook from Field Notes, one that will lie flat on your desk, waiting ready for to-do lists, phone messages and ideas.
The Steno is 6" by 9" with a black “Double-O Wiring” spiral at the top so it lies flat, open or closed. Inside you’ll find 80 pages of 70# “Bright White” paper Gregg-Ruled with a fine, soy-based application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas” light brown ink. The covers are 60 pt. “Super Duty Chipboard,” with a screen-printed 1-colour application of “Dictation Smudge” black ink.
On the inside covers you'll find a range of useful information - ranging from the history of stenography, and abbreviation guide, temperature conversions, planetary distances and much more.
On to the details:
- Proudly printed by the good people of Schneider Graphics, Inc., Bensenville, Ill
- Covers: Newark Paperboard Mills 60 pt. "Super Duty Chipboard," with a thick, brute force, 1-colour application of "Dictation Smudge" black ink
- Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 70# text "Bright White," with a fine, soy-based, 1-colour application of "Double Knee Duck Canvas" light brown ink
- Covers printed on an Advance Process Supply Cameo 34" × 50" flat bed screen press
- Innards printed on a 20" × 29" Heidelberg Speedmaster 74 with perfector
- Bound with bombproof black metal Renz "Double-O" Ring Wire, with appreciation to U.S. Patent #2142816, filed in 1935 by W. Walter Grumbacher
- Bottom corners precisely rounded to ⅜" (9.5mm) with a Challenge two-head round corner machine
- Steno book dimensions are 6" × 9" (15cm × 23cm)
- Line spacing: approx ⅜" (8.5mm)
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
“I’m not writing it down to remember it later, I’m writing it down to remember it now.”
Inspired by the vanishing sub-genre of agricultural memo books, ornate pocket ledgers, and the simple, unassuming beauty of a well-crafted grocery list, the Draplin Design Company of Portland and Coudal Partners, a Chicago creative firm, have created Field Notes Brand, a collection of smartly-designed, vintage-styled pocket notebooks, calendars, and various office accoutrements.
From the very beginning, every Field Notes paper product has been manufactured in the U.S.A. From the paper, sourced from some of the finest mills in the Midwest, to even the inks used, the production of Field Notes has never required travel on a cargo ship or plane.
Please Note: All stock available online is also available in our 178 Shoreditch High Street, London shop. Come in store or contact us if you have any questions or need help.