Are you into nature and the great outdoors? We’re looking for a like-minded team member to join us as full or part time at our independent outdoor lifestyle store - The Brokedown Palace - in Shoreditch.
You will be part of the shop floor team providing an enthusiastic, friendly and knowledgeable service to our customers.
Our love for nature means we also want to protect it, we stock long-lasting products that are ethically sourced, and made from eco or recycled materials whenever possible.
We partner with responsible brands who make the highest quality apparel and equipment. Our brand list includes: Patagonia - the Californian outdoors brand who are “in business to save our home planet”, Fjällräven - the Swedish brand known for their sustainable fabrics, Pendleton, Danner, Arc'teryx, Poler Stuff and Filson from the Pacific North West, and not forgetting our UK roots, British heritage brand Rab from Sheffield.
We also stock reusable products like Klean Kanteen and Keep Cup, and we have an extensive book and magazine section.
We regularly do events with our brands and local environmental NGOs, such as film screenings and talks.
- Have a knowledge of, and passion for our brands
- Enjoy nature and the outdoors
- Have an understanding of, and be aligned with, our ethics and brand culture
- Be available on most weekends
- Have at least one year’s experience in fashion or outdoor retail
- Providing an enthusiastic, friendly and knowledgeable service to our customers
- Keeping the store clean and tidy
- Replenishing sales
- Unpacking deliveries and updating the inventory
- Helping with displays and social media
Previous retail experience is essential, and you will be required to work on weekends.
To apply please send your cv and a cover letter saying why you think you’d be the right person to join our team to email@example.com - please specify whether you are looking for part or full time employment in your email