Free Spirit - Monk's Robe
The Free Spirit combines a retro look inspired by the 1980's - an era when hiking boots stepped off the trail and became fashionable as well as functional - as easy to pair with your daypack on the trail as with your favourite pair of jeans in the city.
Featuring a dual-density midsole that's firmer around the edges for stability and softer in the middle for targeted traction. A GORE-TEX liner defends against deep puddles and sudden downpours. Triangle lugs on the outsole give you lots of surface contact for reliable grip on a variety of surfaces.
- Suede & Textile Upper: Durable suede combined with a lightweight textile to create an upper with modern performance and timeless Danner® durability
- GORE-TEX (GTX): 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed: Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Vibram® Overlook Outsole: The Overlook Outsole with Megagrip technology features adaptive lugs and ample surface contact for versatile traction in urban and outdoor environments
- Stitchdown Heel: For added stability, the heel of this style uses a stitchdown construction method
- Weight: 37 oz per pair
- Height: 4.5"
- Insulation: Uninsulated
- Footbed: OrthoLite
- Shank: Bi Fit Board
- Lining: Waterproof
- Liner: GORE-TEX
- Outsole: Vibram® Overlook
- Fits: True to size
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Charles Danner opened the doors of Danner Shoe Mfg. Company in the old logging town of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, with twelve employees to build affordable, handcrafted work boots. In the 1960’s they recognised the cultural shift towards activities in the outdoors like hiking, backpacking and mountain climbing becoming America’s only domestic manufacturer of walking boots.
Building on nearly a century of traditions and high standards of quality originally instilled by their founder, Danner continue to design and manufacture a complete line of hiking, hunting, uniform, work and lifestyle boots in their world-class factory in Portland, Oregon, USA.
Please Note: All stock available online is also available in our 178 Shoreditch High Street, London shop. Our friendly and experienced team can advise you, help with sizing and find you the perfect kit for your next trip. Come in store or contact us if you have any questions or need help.