Field Notes - 56 Week Planner
A weekly planner can be a valuable tool for keeping track of a busy schedule and all that stuff that needs to get done. Developed from their lay flat Steno notebook, Field Notes have made a durable 56 Week Planner that looks great, feels just right, and will hold up to years’ worth of your busy life.
Featuring blank weeks, meaning you can start the planner at any time of the year or use it for specific projects without being tied to a single year. The 56 Week format also means you have adequate overlap for replacing the planner when you fill this one up!
Sized at 4¾" x 7½", it has a more durable 60pt. chipboard cover and lay-flat “Double-O” wire binding. 112 Pages of Finch 70# text paper are marked with one blank week per spread, ready to fill with your next 56 weeks of appointments, meetings, notes, or even brief journal/daily log entries.
On to the details:
- Proudly printed by the good people of Service Graphics, Inc., Oakbrook Terrace, Ill
- Cover: Printed on a General screen printing press, on 60 pt. "Super Duty Chipboard" with a thick, brute force, 1-colour application of "Dachshund Nose" black Atlas ink
- Innards: Printed on a 19" × 25" Heidelberg MO offset printer, on Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 70#T "Bright White," with a fine, 1-colour application of "Canvas Duck" soy-based ISC America ink
- Bound with bombproof black metal "Double-O" Ring Wire, with appreciation to U.S. Patent #2142816 "Binding Construction and Method," filed in 1935 by W. Walter Grumbacher
- Corners rounded to ½" (12.7mm) by a Challenge round-corner machine
- Planner dimensions: are 4¾ × 7½ (121mm x 191mm)
- Planner Rules: .227" (5.78mm). Pretty random, but it worked best that way
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
“I’m not writing it down to remember it later, I’m writing it down to remember it now.”
Inspired by the vanishing sub-genre of agricultural memo books, ornate pocket ledgers, and the simple, unassuming beauty of a well-crafted grocery list, the Draplin Design Company of Portland and Coudal Partners, a Chicago creative firm, have created Field Notes Brand, a collection of smartly-designed, vintage-styled pocket notebooks, calendars, and various office accoutrements.
From the very beginning, every Field Notes paper product has been manufactured in the U.S.A. From the paper, sourced from some of the finest mills in the Midwest, to even the inks used, the production of Field Notes has never required travel on a cargo ship or plane.
Please Note: All stock available online is also available in our 178 Shoreditch High Street, London shop. Come in store or contact us if you have any questions or need help.