Women's Mountain Pass - Black
Made in Danner’s Oregon factory, the Mountain Pass boots were created to be a lighter weight and versatile hiking book inspired by their classic Mountain Light.
Built with lighter hikes and day to day city walks in mind, the updated design incorporates the shank, midsole and lasting board into a single piece. Along with the lower profile Vibram outsole, this makes the Mountain Pass a lighter weight boot with out-of-the-box comfort.
- Full-Grain Leather Upper: Danner put their leather through six different tests before making their selection, ensuring that their full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable available.
- Gore-Tex (GTX): Inside the boot is a 100% waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex liner, making sure no water can get in whilst allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Removable Ortholite Footbed: The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation, with three layers of varying density for maximum cushioning and support.
- Vibram Kleytterlift Thin Outsole: Designed for comfort and durability, whilst reducing the height and weight of the traditional Kleytterlift outsole.
- Stitchdown Construction: Handcrafted in the Danner factory, providing a wider platform for increased stability underfoot.
- Fit: Fits try to size, though we would always recommend coming in store to try them out
- Weight: 43oz per pair
- Height: 5”
- Insulation: Non-insulated
- Footbed: Removable Polyurethane Ortholite
- Shank: Bi-Fit
- Lining: Waterproof
- Liner: Gore-Tex
- Outsole: Vibram Kletterlift Thin
- Recraftable: Yes
- Manufacturing: Made in USA
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Charles Danner opened the doors of Danner Shoe Mfg. Company in the old logging town of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, with twelve employees to build affordable, handcrafted work boots. In the 1960’s they recognised the cultural shift towards activities in the outdoors like hiking, backpacking and mountain climbing becoming America’s only domestic manufacturer of walking boots.
Building on nearly a century of traditions and high standards of quality originally instilled by their founder, Danner continue to design and manufacture a complete line of hiking, hunting, uniform, work and lifestyle boots in their world-class factory in Portland, Oregon, USA.