Bikepacking - Laurence McJannet
Cycling journalist Laurence McJannet embarks on an off-road adventure to bike and wild camp his way along 30 of Britain’s most beautiful off-road trails and ancient trackways.
Lightweight Bikepacking is a fast growing international trend. Essentially it’s backpacking with a bike – or any ride that includes an overnight stay. So why not try an off-road micro-adventure with a difference, exploring Britain’s hidden trails and tracks? The is the first ever UK book on bikepacking and provides:
- 30 of the finest off-road rides our island has to offer, from the Isle of Wight to the Scottish Highlands
- Tips for picturesque camping, biking, packing and exploring
- Ideas for family adventures
- Engaging travelogue and inspiring photography
- The best routes for mountain trails, night rides, adventures, stargazing, forest single track and more – all just a short train ride away
This unique guide will appeal to cyclists, micro-adventurers or those seeking the ultimate wild British cycling adventure.
- 17.8 x 2.5 x 20.3 cm
- 256 pages
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Laurence McJannet is a writer and journalist who cut his teeth in Beirut before forging a career in cycle journalism, interviewing Tour de France winner Carlos Sastre and British cycling legend Chris Boardman for the UK’s bike press. A regular contributor to publications including What Mountain Bike, MBUK, ProCycling and Cycling Plus, as well as Triathlon Plus, Outdoor Fitness, and Sustrans. Now living with his young family in Somerset, he runs a custom bike building business and is establishing a vintage cycle cafe outside Bristol – the UK’s first designated Cycling City.