Elixir 2 Backpacking Tent - Green
The MSR Elixir 2 Backpacking Tent is an extremely livable performance camping and backpacking tent and an ideal option for a pair of adventurers seeking an easy-to-assemble tent at a great value. Unlike many tents in this class, this freestanding tent design offers true-to-size capacity for two and features two large doors plus larger vestibules with 35% more space than previous designs.
A breathable mesh fabric balances with a solid canopy fabric to provide ventilation, warmth and privacy, while the included footprint offers multiple setup options, including a freestanding Fast & Light pitch with rainfly.
- Livable: Unique pole geometry optimises headroom and fits two mats; adaptable rainfly allows for excellent views; built-in gear lofts and glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls enhance livability
- Fast & Light Setup: Includes an MSR Elixir Footprint that allows for a lightweight Fast & Light setup with rainfly
- Easy Setup: Freestanding system features colour-coded poles, clips and webbing, plus red vestibules for fast and easy setup
- Privacy: Mesh and solid fabric panels offer ventilation, warmth and privacy
- Capacity: 2 Person
- Weight: 6 lbs ( 2.77 kg)
Packaged Weight: 6 lbs ( 2.77 kg)
- Length: 84 in
- Floor Dimensions: 84 x 50 in ( 213 x 127 cm)
- Floor Area: 29 sq. ft ( 2.69 sq. m)
- Vestibule Area: 24 sq. ft (2.22 sq. m)
- Vestibule Volume: 25 cu. ft (708 litres)
- Tent Volume: 45 cu. ft ( 1274 litres)
- Packed Size: 20 x 7 in (51 x 17 cm)
- Interior Peak Height: 40 in (102 cm)
- Freestanding: Yes
- Number of Doors: 2
- Number of Poles: 2 7000 series aluminium
Rainfly Fabric: 68D ripstop polyester 1500mm Polyurethane & DWR
Canopy Fabric: 40D ripstop nylon DWR
Mesh Type: 20D nylon micromesh
Floor Fabric: 70 taffeta nylon 3000mm polyurethane & DWR
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
In 1969, Seattle engineer and lifelong mountaineer Larry Penberthy formed Mountain Safety Research as a one-man crusade dedicated to improving the safety of climbing equipment. The fuel behind Larry's passionate fire was a simple belief that still drives their team today: The idea that better, safer, more reliable equipment is the key to unlocking greater adventures.
Please Note: All stock available online is also available in our 178 Shoreditch High Street, London shop. Our friendly and experienced team can advise you, help with sizing and find you the perfect kit for your next trip. Come in store or contact us if you have any questions or need help.