Field Notes Memo Book - Black 3 Pack - Graph
A larger notebook from Field Notes, one that will like flat on your desk, waiting ready for to-do lists, phone messages and ideas.
The Steno is 6" by 9" with a black “Double-O Wiring” spiral at the top so it lies flat, open or closed. Inside you’ll find 80 pages of 70# “Bright White” paper Gregg-Ruled with a fine, soy-based application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas” light brown ink. The covers are 60 pt. “Super Duty Chipboard,” with a screen-printed 1-colour application of “Dictation Smudge” black ink.
On the inside covers you'll find a range of useful information - ranging from the history of stenography, and abbreviation guide, temperature conversions, planetary distances and much more.
On to the details:
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill
- Cover: French Paper Co. custom-made 118#C “Pitch Black Duplex” (“Blacktop” and “Packing Brown Wrap”) with a brute force application of “Stephanite” (outside) and “Dachshund Nose Black” (inside) soy-based Saphira inks
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-colour application of “Light Mist Gray” soy-based Saphira ink
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-colour press
- Bound with gloss black staple wire on a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker
- Corners precisely rounded to 3/9" (9.5mm) by a CRC round-corner machine
- Dot-Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm)
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm x 140mm)
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
“I’m not writing it down to remember it later, I’m writing it down to remember it now.”
Inspired by the vanishing sub-genre of agricultural memo books, ornate pocket ledgers, and the simple, unassuming beauty of a well-crafted grocery list, the Draplin Design Company of Portland and Coudal Partners, a Chicago creative firm, have created Field Notes Brand, a collection of smartly-designed, vintage-styled pocket notebooks, calendars, and various office accoutrements.
From the very beginning, every Field Notes paper product has been manufactured in the U.S.A. From the paper, sourced from some of the finest mills in the Midwest, to even the inks used, the production of Field Notes has never required travel on a cargo ship or plane.
Please Note: All stock available online is also available in our 178 Shoreditch High Street, London shop. Our friendly and experienced team can advise you, help with sizing and find you the perfect kit for your next trip. Come in store or contact us if you have any questions or need help.