Field Notes National Parks - D: Grand Teton, Arches, Sequoia - Graph
Since the early days of Field Notes they've been searching for just the right way to create an edition celebrating America’s National Parks. When they saw the work of the artists of The Fifty-Nine Parks Print Series, they knew exactly what to do. Five percent of retail and wholesale purchases is donated to the National Parks Service, to help preserve and expand on America's best idea.
Gorgeous illustrations of iconic National Parks are featured on the covers of these Memo Books, which are grouped into 3-Packs that make up the “National Parks” Series. Each book features a brief history of the park on its inside back cover, a spot for the official National Park Passport Stamp on the inside front cover, and 48 pages of Finch Opaque 60#T marked with a 3/16" graph to record your plans, routes, notes, and memories. A great memento for any parks you've visited or as inspiration for walks and trips you might be planning.
Inside is regular graph paper, so beneath the beautiful covers you have a notebook that can be used for any purpose.
National Parks Series D features: Grand Teton National Park by Eric Nyffeler, Arches National Park by Nicolas Delort, Sequoia National Park by Glenn Thomas.
On to the details:
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill
- Cover: A variety of French 100#C papers, some with a few burly hits of opaque white under process cyan, magenta, yellow, and black soy-based Toyo inks
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-colour application of “Green Earth” soy-based Toyo ink
- Cover printed in two passes through a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-colour printing press
Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm)
Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm)
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
“I’m not writing it down to remember it later, I’m writing it down to remember it now.”
Inspired by the vanishing sub-genre of agricultural memo books, ornate pocket ledgers, and the simple, unassuming beauty of a well-crafted grocery list, the Draplin Design Company of Portland and Coudal Partners, a Chicago creative firm, have created Field Notes Brand, a collection of smartly-designed, vintage-styled pocket notebooks, calendars, and various office accoutrements.
From the very beginning, every Field Notes paper product has been manufactured in the U.S.A. From the paper, sourced from some of the finest mills in the Midwest, to even the inks used, the production of Field Notes has never required travel on a cargo ship or plane.