A high performance sleeping bag, with lower environmental impact from Rab. The Women's Solar Eco bags are made form recycled fabrics and recycled Stratus™ insulation. Ideal for the mountain bothy dweller or globe trotting backpacker.
These resilient synthetic bags are filled with 100% recycled Stratus™ insulation, and lined and covered with a tough, 20D, recycled Atmos™ fabric with ripstop. Hardwearing, warm, and dependable, they are fast drying and cope with condensation and damp conditions.
Built with a complex construction to maximise warmth without bulk. For reduced weight and bulk, the base of the bag has just a single layer of insulation and the elastic internal quilting brings the lining and insulation closer to you, and helps to reduce pockets of cold air. Packing down to a tiny 40cm x 22cm, this incredibly low bulk make sit easy to take with you and easily stashable. Perfect for three season climbing trips, mountain bivis, and backpacking adventures.
The Solar Eco has an adjustable hood which can be cinched in snug around the face to shut out the chill and an adjustable neck baffle to stop the heat escaping. The ¾ length zip has an additional baffle along its length that acts as an effective draught excluder with an anti-snag zip guard. The wide mummy fit offers space to find your most comfortable sleeping position, with room for extra layers should night-time temperatures plummet.
- Weight: 1145 g
- Pack size: 40 x 22 cm / 15.7 X 8.7 inches
- Temperature rating - Comfort: 0°C (32°F)
- Temperature rating - Limit: -6°C (21°F)
- Temperature rating - Extreme: -24°C (-11°F)
- Material 01: 20D Atmos™ recycled polyester ripstop fabric (41gsm) with fluorocarbon free DWR
- Material 01: 20D Atmos™ recycled polyester ripstop fabric (38gsm) with fluorocarbon free DWR
- Upper Material: 140gsm Recycled Stratus Synthetic Sheet Insulation in a dual layer construction
- Base Material: 100gsm Recycled Stratus Synthetic Sheet Insulation in a single layer construction
- Accessories: Compression stuffsack included
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Founded in Sheffield, England, Rab manufacture down jackets, sleeping bags and outdoor clothing systems for the most extreme conditions in the world.
Rab Carrington built his company on two things: A deep understanding of what climbers and mountaineers need, and a commitment to practical gear that works. It’s this down to earth, honest approach that still informs the design and testing process linking us firmly to that modest beginning in 1980’s Sheffield. Those same qualities of innovation, integrity and function have endured, remaining at the heart of the Rab brand today.