Field Notes Memo Book - Black 3 Pack - Ruled
The most popular Field Notes memo book. When Aaron Draplin made the very first Field Notes by hand - as a holiday gift for friends - they looked pretty much like these notebooks, now with a pitch black cover.
A 3 Pack of 48-page notebooks with ruled paper pages. Each memo book measures 3-1/2" wide by 5-1/2" tall and is bound by a rugged three-staple saddle-stitch process that won't fail under heavy usage.
On to the details:
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill
- Cover: French Paper Co. custom-made 118#C “Pitch Black Duplex” (“Blacktop” and “Packing Brown Wrap”) with a brute force application of “Stephanite” (outside) and “Dachshund Nose Black” (inside) soy-based Saphira inks
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-colour application of “Light Mist Gray” soy-based Saphira ink
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-colour press
- Bound with gloss black staple wire on a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker
- Corners precisely rounded to 3/9" (9.5mm) by a CRC round-corner machine
- Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm)
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm x 140mm)
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
“I’m not writing it down to remember it later, I’m writing it down to remember it now.”
Inspired by the vanishing sub-genre of agricultural memo books, ornate pocket ledgers, and the simple, unassuming beauty of a well-crafted grocery list, the Draplin Design Company of Portland and Coudal Partners, a Chicago creative firm, have created Field Notes Brand, a collection of smartly-designed, vintage-styled pocket notebooks, calendars, and various office accoutrements.
From the very beginning, every Field Notes paper product has been manufactured in the U.S.A. From the paper, sourced from some of the finest mills in the Midwest, to even the inks used, the production of Field Notes has never required travel on a cargo ship or plane.
Please Note: All stock available online is also available in our 178 Shoreditch High Street, London shop. Our friendly and experienced team can advise you, help with sizing and find you the perfect kit for your next trip. Come in store or contact us if you have any questions or need help.