An easy-wearing, bulk-free jacket from Patagonia made of knitted and 100% recycled polyester fleece. The Better Sweater has been dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods.
With a sweater-knit face and moisture-wicking fleece interior for warmth, this versatile, go-anywhere jacket functions equally well over a shirt as urban outerwear or layered under a shell for hitting the trail. Soft and bulk-free, the Better Sweater is made of 10-oz 100% polyester fleece dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods.
Two zippered handwarmer pockets keep fingers toasty and the stand-up collar has a zipper garage to keep your neck comfortable. Raglan sleeves provide pack-wearing comfort. With shape-holding, abrasion-resistant and 100% recycled polyester brushed tricot trim at collar, cuffs and hem.
- Full-zip jacket with zip-through stand-up collar
- Raglan sleeves for mobility and pack-wearing comfort; interior fleece wicks moisture
- Zippered left-chest pocket; two zippered handwarmer pockets
- Shape-holding, abrasion-resistant micropolyester jersey trim at cuffs and bottom hem
- Flat-seam construction reduces bulk and helps eliminate seam chafe
- Hip length
- Regular fit
- Weight: 451 g (15.9 oz)
- Material: 10-oz 100% recycled polyester knit fleece dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods
- Trim Material: 5-oz 100% recycled polyester brushed tricot.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
Measurements in inches.
PROVENANCE AND ETHICS
Patagonia was founded by Yvon Chouinard in 1973, the company's roots are in clothing for rock and alpine climbing, but they now produce a diverse mix of apparel targeted towards skiers, snowboarders, surfers and climbers. Patagonia are a world leader in creating ethical, sustainable clothing.
Recycled Polyester - In 1993, Patagonia adopted fleece into their product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles making them the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health. Using recycled polyester lessens dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.